Kendra Petty is a woman who has succeeded in an all-male industry, becoming an executive vice president at two firms. She is a dynamic public speaker, powerful negotiator and dealmaker. She loves bouldering and scrambling in the mountains of California, Nevada and Arizona. A boater for many years, Kendra also loves fast cars and traveling. She joins me today on Uncorking a Story to talk about her life and memoir, “I Can’t Believe I’m Not Dead.”
- A source of Healing: How writing her memoir has helped her heal from childhood abuse, dealing with a mentally ill parent, and religious trauma–and why it’s an ongoing journey.
- Resilience and Inner Strength: Kendra emphasizes the importance of her inner strength in helping her overcome the challenges she has faced, expressing gratitude for her ability to survive and thrive despite the traumatic experiences.
- Purpose and Meaning: There is a recurring exploration of the concept that things happen for a reason, with Kendra reflecting on the possibility of a purpose behind her survival and considering the potential for her experiences to benefit others through sharing her story.
- Overcoming Adversity: The conversation delves into Kendra’s experiences with childhood trauma and the impact it has had on her threshold for handling difficult situations. She discusses the idea that her past may have set the stage for her to endure more than she should and to accept more because of what she had been through.
- Motivation for Sharing her Story: Kendra highlights the driving force behind her decision to share her story, expressing the hope that her experiences and the feedback on her book have helped people in various stages and ways. She found a sense of purpose and fulfillment in knowing that her story could benefit others.
- Regret and Lessons Learned: The conversation touches on regret and the idea of offering advice to a younger self, with Kendra expressing that if she could go back in time, she would advise herself not to take a particular job and avoid specific decisions that had significant negative impacts.
Buy I Can’t Believe I’m Not Dead
Connect with Kendra
Connect with Mike
If you like this episode, please share it with a friend. If you have not done so already, please rate and review Uncorking a Story on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.