Sometimes, beauty comes from tragedy, which is the backstory to Jill Santopolo’s debut novel The Light We Lost, which she penned after going through a traumatic breakup. Well, life has come full circle for Jill as her latest book, Stars in an Italian Sky, was inspired by something that happened while honeymooning with her husband in Italy. I love it when things work out the way they are meant to!
Jill Santopolo is the internationally best-selling author of Everything After, More Than Words and The Light We Lost, which was a Reese Witherspoon Book Club pick and has been optioned for film. Her books have been translated into more than 35 languages and have been named to the New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Apple, and Indie Bound bestseller lists.Jill joined me recently to talk about her career and latest novel, Stars in an Italian Sky.
- How Jill was drawn to writing from a very young age.
- Moving from working as an editorial assistant to children’s writer to an author of adult fiction.
- The role curiosity plays in her work.
- How writing has been therapeutic for Jill.
- Our mutual appreciation for Star Trek: The Next Generation
Buy Stars in an Italian Sky
Connect With Jill
Connect with Mike
If you like this episode, please share it with a friend. If you have not done so already, please rate and review Uncorking a Story on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.