Allen Mendenhall is a lawyer and university administrator in Alabama who edited Southern Literary Review for over a decade. He joined me on Uncorking a Story to discuss his latest book, A Glooming Peace this Morning.
- Allen’s experiences writing both fiction and non-fiction (and why non-fiction takes longer).
- The overlap between storytelling in the courtroom and storytelling on the page.
- The valuable lessons of patience and persistence Allen learned while pursuing his path to writing and publishing fiction.
- The inspiration behind A Glooming Peace this Morning and why he felt compelled to write something more than ‘just a story.’
- Why happiness should not be an ultimate goal in life.
Buy A Glooming Peace this Morning
Connect with Allen
Connect with Mike
If you like this episode, please share it with a friend. If you have not done so already, please rate and review Uncorking a Story on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.