Susan and I have three things in common; we are authors, we have a great sense of humor, and we both root against Duke basketball regardless of who they are playing against (Sorry John Nardone and Brent McGoldrick but that buzzer beater by Laeettner against UConn in 1990 cemented my dislike of your alma mater).
Susan’s book Chimes from a Cracked Southern Belle won the Independent Publisher Book Award for “Best Regional Fiction,” and Tantor Media recently bought the audio rights. She joined me today to talk about her latest book, The Beautiful Misfits.
- Disobeying her father and pursuing journalism over nursing.
- How to bounce between fiction, nonfiction, and back to fiction.
- How beauty can come from tragedy.
- What to do when your agent can’t sell your manuscript.
- The story behind her latest novel, The Beautiful Misfits.
Buy The Beautiful Misfits
Connect With Susan
e-Mail: [email protected]
Connect with Mike
If you like this episode, please share it with a friend. If you have not done so already, please rate and review Uncorking a Story on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.