Melissa Payne is the bestselling, award-winning author of The Secrets of Lost Stones, Memories in the Drift and The Night of Many Endings. She joined me on Uncorking a Story to discuss her career and latest book, A Light in the Forest. Set in the hills of southeastern Ohio, it is a story about resilience and courage in the face of generational trauma. It’s also about finding hope, even in the darkest of times.
- Why Melissa loved writing in blue books while in college.
- Why writing a book was always a dream, but initially something she initially dismissed.
- How meeting another parent at her child’s school who had an agent and a manuscript out for submission impacted her decision to write a novel.
- The surprising role of rejections on the path to publishing.
- How confidence comes with age and experience.
Buy A Light in the Forrest
Connect with Melissa:
Connect with Mike
If you like this episode, please share it with a friend. If you have not done so already, please rate and review Uncorking a Story on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.