About Farhoud: Farhoud is an award-winning writer, director, and executive producer focused on storytelling projects that inspire mass culture change.
In this episode, Mike and Farhoud discuss:
- Near death experiences
- Not wanting to disappoint your parents
- Knowing what you stand for
- Detaching yourself from the outcomes
- Finding meaning in the work you do
- A near-death experience may prompt you to evaluate your life, discover your life’s purpose, and pursue your passions in order to feel fulfilled.
- Do not let the fear of disappointing your parents stop you from pursuing your dreams. You will not be disrespecting them if you follow your heart. You have control of your fate and you are capable of making decisions that you think are the best ones for you.
- The magic happens when you detach yourself from the outcome of what you want to achieve. Focus on the story, create space for the people who are there with you, and you will be able to shift hearts and minds.
- Your creativity is the ocean. Despite your negative experiences and struggles, you will be able to emerge strong and determined, willing to take risks and push yourself to your limits.
“When you get close to death, and when you get close to people that are closer to the exit than the entrance, you see all this wisdom come through and you see this detachment from the material world.” – Farhoud Meybodi
Connect with Farhoud Meybodi:
Connect with Mike Carlon:
Show notes by Podcastologist: Angelica Rayco.
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.