Donna Marie Hayes is a SAG-AFTRA actress and cabaret singer who can be found on a stage or in front of a camera and has been featured on the Dr. Oz Show, Orange Is The New Black, Black Girls Rock, Celebrity Ghost Stories, as well as in several other New York City Off-Broadway and TV productions. She joined me on Uncorking a Story to discuss her memoir These Broken Roads: Scammed and Vindicated – One Woman’s Story.
- Resilience and Overcoming Adversity: Donna shares her journey of resilience and overcoming challenges, including two divorces, experiencing domestic abuse, and being scammed by someone she loved and trusted. Her story highlights the strength and determination required to rebuild one’s life after difficult circumstances.
- Self-Discovery and Personal Growth: Through journaling and writing her memoir, Donna Hayes on a journey of self-discovery and personal growth. She found healing and clarity by reflecting on her thoughts and experiences, ultimately leading to a deeper understanding of herself.
- Empathy and Kindness: Donna emphasizes the importance of treating others with kindness and empathy, as we never truly know what someone has been through. She encourages stripping away societal expectations and connecting with others on a human level, fostering a sense of shared humanity.
- Finding Purpose and Sharing Stories: Donna’s story resonated with others who had experienced similar challenges, inspiring her to share her story and provide hope to others. She discovered a sense of purpose in sharing her experiences and connecting with others who could relate to her journey.
- The Power of Writing and Storytelling: Writing and storytelling serve as therapeutic tools for Donna, allowing her to process her experiences and find healing. She highlights the cathartic nature of writing and the ability of stories to connect people and create understanding.
Buy THESE BROKEN ROADS: Scammed and Vindicated – One Woman’s Story
Connect with Donna
Coaching Website: https://www.distinguishedcoaching.com/
Connect with Mike
If you like this episode, please share it with a friend. If you have not done so already, please rate and review Uncorking a Story on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.