Audrey Gale long dreamed of being a writer, but never anticipated the circuitous road she’d take to get there. After twenty-plus years in the banking industry, she grew tired of corporate gamesmanship and pursued her master’s in fiction writing at the University of Southern California. She joined me on Uncorking a story to discuss her second novel,The Human Trial, which is the first book in a medical-thriller trilogy inspired by Audrey’s own experiences with the gap between traditional medicine and approaches based on the findings of the great physicists of the 20th Century.
- Career Transition: One prominent theme is Audrey’s journey from the banking industry to becoming a writer. This highlights the challenges and motivations behind her decision to pursue her passion for writing after spending over 20 years in a different field.
- Medical Thriller: Another key theme is Audrey’s second novel, “The Human Trial,” which is the first book in a medical thriller trilogy. We explore the inspiration behind the book, which stems from Audrey’s personal experiences with the gap between traditional medicine and alternative approaches influenced by the discoveries of renowned physicists.
- Personal Inspiration: Audrey discusses how she fictionalizes real discoveries and personal experiences to craft a compelling story. We delve into the creative process behind Audrey’s writing and how she draws inspiration from her own life to create engaging narratives.
- Quantum Biology: The conversation touches upon the theme of exploring a new paradigm, specifically the concept of quantum biology. Audrey discusses the power of quantum biology and its potential impact on understanding life on a deeper level. This showcases Audrey’s interest in scientific concepts and how they influence her storytelling.
- Funding and Priorities in Medical Research: Lastly, the conversation briefly touches upon the theme of funding sources and priorities in medical research. Audrey shares insights into the challenges faced by researchers and the importance of allocating resources to advance medical knowledge and innovation.
Buy The Human Trial
Connect With Audrey
Connect with Mike
If you like this episode, please share it with a friend. If you have not done so already, please rate and review Uncorking a Story on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.